Dynamics NAV with LS Retail Solution links all business processes
The implemented LS Retail retail sales solution is “end-to-end” fully integrated into Microsoft Dynamics NAV and thus enables easy tracking of transactions from the POS terminal sale to the general ledger.
“Together with the fully integrated LS Retail application for retail sales, Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a solution that covers all Stylos Group work areas in an effective manner: wholesale, retail sale, commission sales in retail and wholesale, Cash & Carry facilities, service, personnel records and wages as well as simultaneously enabling effective operations in more than 50 retail sales shops.”
- Velibor MIJAČEVIĆ, Stylos Group IT Director
About the Company
Stylos Group represents a successful business system of 12 companies that operate in Serbia, Montenegro, Bosnia and Herzegovina and Macedonia. As market leader for office and school materials, office equipment and business and travel accessories, Stylos is general agent and authorised distributor for more than 40 brands of office supplies and equipment, and its sales network is comprised of 20 wholesalers, 50 shops for retail sales and 8 Cash & Carry facilities.
Stylos had been using an information system that it developed for itself, but it could not keep up with the needs of increased business. The new solution had to cover all areas of Stylos Group operations in an effective manner: • Wholesale, retail sale, commission sales in retail and wholesale, Cash & Carry facilities, service, personnel records and wages as well as other business aspects specific to Stylos.
• It was essential to ensure the effectiveness of several hundred users located throughout Serbia, and in more than 50 retail shops, to keep work operations running smoothly under normal conditions and during Internet connection disruptions.
• The solution had to be fully integrated into one application.
• Having considered all of the criteria, Stylos chose Microsoft Dynamics NAV business solution along with the LS Retail application for retail sales.
Business Impact of the Implementation
Microsoft Dynamics NAV is a comprehensive business solution that links all business processes into one application. It enables access control to sensitive data and easy adjustment of the access rights that specify which data individual users can access and with which processes they can work. The implemented LS Retail retail sales solution is “end-to-end” fully integrated into Microsoft Dynamics NAV and thus enables easy tracking of transactions from the POS terminal sale to the general ledger.
• Management settings are centralised from one location and are automatically transmitted to the shops.
• The solution is designed in such a way that every retail sales shop has its own database, which is synchronised in real-time with the management database. Such a method enables working with up-to-date information and also uninterrupted operations in the event of Internet connection disruptions.
• The LS POS terminal within the integration with LS Retail is very adaptable, and in addition to adapting to the appearance preferences of users, it also easily enables the adding of new options and new means of payment.
• Centralisation of data and the ability to examine the current state of the system as a whole and of its individual parts.
• The ability to track an entire business operation in an additional currency and the ability to report in that currency.
• All transactions are traceable from the moment of sale or purchase all the way to the general ledger.
• The accessibility to data and broad reporting ability within the ERP itself raise business decision-making to a higher level and also represent a good basis for the use of additional Business Intelligence (BI) tools. The quality data that is thus obtained simplifies the management process.
• Settings for retail sales shops are implemented centrally, and with the automation of processes in retail sales, the number of routine operations is reduced.